Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Airport Rambles

I am updating from my Kindle Fire, so I really have no idea how this is going to look once it is posted. Does anyone else out there in blog world just love being a wife? Maybe it is because I am just a newlywed as I am often told, and maybe the feeling will soon wear off making loving my husband and loving my role as his wife more difficult. Maybe it is just I have a fantastic husband who makes being a wife easier. Whatever the cause, my role as wife is something I hold precious to my heart. I do pray that for as long as I have breath my role as wife will reign high on my list. However, I have found that in devoloping my role as wife I have somewhat forgotten or even disregarded my role as daughter. My world has became self-centered and me focused. I have developed fears that have blinded my sight of the Father, and I have held dearly to the control of my little family. If the last two days have taught me anything it is that I do not have control over anything. Including the weather or how quickly the airport attendants move. Fullfilling my role as wife is a crucial part of filling my role as daughter. It is not the only part of being daughter, though, and God calls us to lay everything down for the life He is freely giving us. Today, as I watched my husband carefully hand my bags over to me and kiss me goodbye I was reminded of the calling to lay our life down. It reminded me of the story of Deborah. She was a wife and a good judge. She was submissive and yet strong and wise. I wonder about the relationship between her and her husband. Did he laugh and smile kindly at the sight of her teaching under the tree? Did his love for her grow when he saw her not only fullfilling her role as wife but also fullfilling her role as daughter? Did he swell with pride when she went to battle after lovingly but honestly speaking truth? God has given me many gifts, and He has given me a husband that knows how to develop, cherish, value, and use those gifts. However, Michael knows that using my gifts is a decision that is ultimately mine. He pushes but does not shove. However, I will see God one day, and He is going to ask me how I used His gifts...maybe I can have a story like Deborah. Yes God... I was a wife, but I was also a daughter, and I hope I was a good one. On another note, have I ever mentioned how much I hate flying?!

No comments:

Post a Comment