Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lesson in Grace: Getting it All for Nothing

I was listening to the new Chris Tomlin CD and wrote this. Let me just say I am so thankful that God Almighty has me in His grip and is guiding me through this world.



She was a dancer who spun her life in the orbit of perfection. She denied herself life, the freedom of movement, the beauty of grace. She deemed herself imperfect, unwanted, undesired, not worth it. She held bottles. Bottles of alcohol, bottles of pills. Bottles to make her forget... forget... forget... forget. She lived in confusion, anger, hate! What had she done? Wasn't she supposed to be perfect?

People would smile, and now they whispered in concern. She walked with her head down, swallowed silent tears. Would she ever feel normal, safe? What had she done?

She tried so hard to be perfect! She drove fast! She stopped looking in mirrors. She pushed herself, over the edge... into disaster, and He broke through!

He broke through!

He wouldn't quit! He pursued, put a mark on her, called her His. She fought, wow did she fight. She cried. She ran. Ran away! She couldn't hide, He was stronger, He was in an endless pursuit. He held His arms opened and called to her. She couldn't understand. Why her? What had she done?

He smiled at His crying daughter. He held out His arms and beckoned, "Come here. Come to peace, come to safety, come to life." She doubted! He had all that to offer her, but why? What had she done?

She was imperfect. He nodded, "good." She had nothing to give. He nodded, "good." She had done nothing. He nodded, "good." She was unwanted, undesired. He cried out, "Untrue! Look at me. I want you. I desire you. I created you. Be Mine. Let Me show you. Let Me give you life."

She accepted.

Now she runs..... in freedom.
Now she dances.... in grace.
She smiles, she laughs, she plays.
She skips to His open arms, buries her head in His loving shoulders.

She is home.
She is safe.
She is His.
He gave her life.
He gives. His child, He gave.


She grew into a woman. He smiled and loves. He is proud. He calls her, "daughter." She fails, and He restores. How quickly she forgets, and He patiently waits.

I am nothing without Him. He is my Beloved, and I am His. Look at what the Lord has done! Look at what the Lord has given!

She grows frustrated... the world still refuses to see! The church refusing to go! Her own selfish ambitions getting in the way! It can't be hidden anymore. He is bursting at the seams. His gifts are numerous. He gives, loves, and commands us to love.

See my dears....
I want the world to see, that none of this is me. It is all Him. I am incapable.

He is my giant that leads me, loves me, smiles down at my childish quirks.

He is my Daddy.

One day... one glorious day, I will leave this world. Do not cry. Tell them... "She went home! Where se can crawl into her Daddy's arms, look up at His glowing eyes and say, "I love You."

Dance in grace. Run in freedom. Cry it loud to the mountains. He is King! He has given all!

The time had come to sing His praise.
She had joined the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment