Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wasting Time

I adore my boyfriend.

Last night, after a time of fellowship, my darling and I went back to my house to decorate my tree!

It is a Charlie Brown type Christmas tree and has been the best Christmas present.

We did not finish...why?

My darling boyfriend and I LOVE to "waste" time together. We have crazy busy schedules, but we take our time and "disappear" on Saturday mornings as much as possible. Sometimes, we stay up a little too late just to chat with one another. Sometimes, we just sit on my couch and stare at the Christmas light glistening on my tree.

We have deep meaningful conversations on occasion, but a lot of the times, we just spend talking and laughing. Sometimes, we just read books or spend time doing the things we need to get done.

We just LOVE to be in one another's presence.

Our Heavenly Father loves us, and He too loves to just "waste" time with us. This doesn't mean that we always have to have deep meaningful conversations. Sometimes, He just loves to hear us laugh. Sometimes, He just loves to watch His beauty surround us. I am amazed by how many times I shut Him out of my life because I am too busy, but I picture Him sitting here beside me as I write these words. Perhaps He is just watching me practicing the gift He gave me and is staring "enthralled" with my beauty. Perhaps, He is just quietly waiting for me to turn to Him and cry that I need help. Perhaps, when I go home, I will just sip on a cup of tea and waste time looking at the Christmas light on my tree with Him. The Bible says to "Pray without Ceasing." To me, this has become more of a state of mind. I finally tell myself, "Paula, go waste time with God. He is your Beloved, and all that other stuff can wait."

I am encouraged by these words.

I am encouraged that I have a Father whom I can tell,

Daddy, I can't find the words to speak, so can we just sit here. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment