Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm Lucky to be In Love with My Best Friend...

So... I am up so late that tomorrow there is going to be a need for a serious dose of the amazing drug called coffee to prepare for my much adorable yet much frustrating students. Teaching Special Education has taught me so much... mostly plans are never to be set in concrete... they will always change on you at a moment's notice. Ummm... I guess I am not done learning that lesson.








A new creation and cool way to display pictures. Tree branch, vase, and some rocks or cool things to keep the branch in place... this attempt now lives in our kitchen.




My husband is asleep beside me, and I wonder at the amazement that is this man. He just started a blog, and you should read it... he is a man of little words (expect when you get into a car with him and then you cannot get him to shut up). His words are powerful though. Anyways, enough playing around right. I am honestly split on what I want to write about tonight, but I know that I must write. I could tell you that life is happening as always. Michael was blessed today by getting his first paycheck from his new job and finding that he was getting paid more than we previously thought. Another prayer request answered. Also, I have recently started working with the teenage girls at our church. I haven't began teaching yet, but I am watching and learning their personalities closely. Also, amazingly, we are only a few weeks away from Thanksgiving which is like the breaking point for the semester. We're almost done! Not to mention that I have went on a Martha Stewart nut job spree, and I cannot wait until Christmas (which is new and strange considering I have never really liked Christmas). My husband decided that we should start hosting house church, and interestingly enough, my husband has gotten me to agree to hosting two gatherings in the next week. I am still not quite sure how this incident occurred mind you, but I am excited about both. My father-in-law is gone to Romania with some fall smelling candles, deodorant, and cookie mix for the Oprises. I cannot wait to hear all the stories about the orphanage!




Fall is officialy here, and I have wanted to do nothing but walk around outside and admire the trees. I think back to last year which almost seems like a life time ago. I was a new teacher with my very first boyfriend. Now, I am a second year special education teacher who has grown in tremendous ways, I am a wife, and I got to be a momma for a little bit. Sometimes when I close my eyes tightly I imagine what our beautiful baby might look like when we see her in heaven. I know even as I write this moment, she is dancing around the throne of her Beloved Father. Today, I danced in my classroom while I lectured on Central America. Today, I grew a little stronger.




I feel like my husband and I are on the brink for something...something amazing, scary, and crazy! My husband... those are such cool words.


My husband is Michael Taylor Bean. He is almost 22 years-old, and he is barely over a year old in his Christian birth. When we were dating, he would wake up extra early so that he could get to my house in time to wake me up, make me coffee, and pray or read the Bible with me before I went into teaching world. My husband eats anything that I cook even when I have messed up so badly that I myself cannot eat. My husband only has to look at me for me to remember that I am indeed a beautiful princess of God. He laughs at me, dances with me in the kitchen (though he may not appreciate me telling you that little bit of information). My husband will adopt any child, teenager, or adult as his own. I have a sneaking feeling that one day we really will have someone random living with us... kinda like the random hitchhiker that we picked up not too long ago. My husband is learning so much from the Bible that it astounds me, and his wisdom comes out at the most entertaing and interesting times. For example, washing dishes is my husbands cue to spill all the wisdom that God is teaching him.


Michael Taylor Bean loves his family... they are really the most important thing to him, and he loves our extended non-blood related family. We really would have people over all the time if I did not put my foot down...haha. My husband will always be there when you call. He is a servant, and he has taken off work several times in the past to help people move or build things. My husband lets me listen to my random wierd Jazzy music, and he is always up for an adventure. My husband prays for us often, and he is always open to criticism. He tries so hard, and he is very brave. Michael loves people and making new friends; he is crazy good at basketball, and he owns only four pairs of socks.


Michael Taylor Bean is a harvester.


Michael waited a long time for me... almost over a year. I refused him so many times, but he patiently waited and loved. He loved me despite the fact I couldn't love him. It wasn't as if he needed to wait on me, there were so many other girls available for him. There were so many other girls around that I know would have treated him better at the time than I was. He waited though, and now he is mine and I am his.


Things...they do not always go according to plan. Very seldom is God logical. When Michael and I decided to date, there were so many people that were outraged at us. Not just one or two but several. Several who didn't understand and some who probably didn't care otherwise. But as I watch my husband sleep tonight... I know a little creepy... I think about the woman at the well. Jesus spoke to her when the idea of it was completely insane. Even she was shocked beyond belief. Thank the Lord above that He is not logical... or I may never have had salvation or a husband who loves me. My challenge.... take a walk on the water.

1 comment:

  1. Paula, I really hope that sometime in the not-so-distant-future you and I can get together. I would love to meet the man that God brought to you and has so blessed your life.

    ReplyDelete