Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Am I a Walking Contradiction?

A little out of place huh? I am not sure of the direction of this blog, but I know that I must write what God has revealed to me. Honestly, I guess the reason I do not know what to write is because I thought that this was a "duh" subject. I took a bunch of kids on a field trip this weekend. At one point, two girls and I got separated from the rest of the group, and while I was trying to figure out a way to keep them entertained, I found this bookstore. The girls were more than willing to explore an old bookstore, so off we went. The moment I walked into the store, I cringed. I had brought these girls into a very dark place of confusion and lies. The girls ran off into different directions, and while I pondered what the best method would be getting them out of the store, I prayed. I prayed for protection and wisdom. I prayed against the enemy and that the book store would be transformed. It didn't take long before the girls started opening up with questions, but I hesitated in giving them simple "fill-in-the-blank" answers. These girls were smart, and I didn't want to be another voice filling their heads with do's and don't's. I just let the girls run around, and while I waited I researched and snapped a few pictures.
God said in Revelations that no one should take away or add to the Bible (Revelaton 22:18-21), but the enemy has made a game out of mixing a little bit of truth with a whole lot of lies. The owner of this bookstore attended church, but her bookshelves were filled with books about finding your true self through meditation, different types of incantations for different illnesses, and dream interpretation books. The pictures on the wall portrayed fallen angels and a world in the hands of the enemy. All the lies were made to look beautiful. However, if I had told the woman that I was a believer in God, she would have told me that she was too. NO! No! You can't play on the fence. You can't say, yes I believe there is a God and all paths lead to heaven and Him. NO! I am so sick of this argument. We are telling people lies that are leading them straight into destruction. God strictly states that the gate is narrow and Jesus says that He is the only way. The road to destruction is the wide one. Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small leads to life, and only a few find it." Information like the paragraph below lead to destruction. Read and be amazed.

However, this type of lifestyle and these lies are so appealing to the younger generations. There is a desire to find "enlightenment" and break away from the "rigorous rules and contradictions" of the church. The girls were amazed and a little wierded out by the things that they found, but overall they were intrigued. They asked questions, and looked around debating what they believed to be truth. I prayed. When we left, one of the girls finally asked me what I thought about this bookstore. I waited for a moment, and responded, "Do you want the Mrs. Bean answer or the Mrs. Paula answer?" They both stared at me, they just wanted the truth of my opinion... heck, they just wanted truth. I told them about how the enemy is the father of deception and confusion, and alternate lifestyles like those that this paticular bookstore encouraged were a form of darkness used by the enemy to trap people into bondage. I spoke briefly about how I too had been trapped in darkness because I thought it was "fun," but when I became a believer, I took the Bible at its word. Truth is Truth and there is no darkness in the Light. I asked them if they had any wierd feelings in the bookstore. They both said yes, and I told them that in the Bible it talks about a gift of discernment that we are given to decide what is good and what is bad or dangerous. They thanked me for being honest with them, and then one of the girls announced, "I think the Bible is nothing but a book of contradictions." My heart sank, and I asked her what she meant. She preceded to tell me how so many people have told her about things that the Bible said, but then someone else would say something different. Finally, I asked her if she thought she was a smart girl. She said yes, then I told her that people were contradictions, but if she really wanted to know what the Bible says, she should get it out and read it.
My heart broke for this girl the rest of the night, and even now. I cried and prayed over her. She is a beautiful girl with great potential. I know she will go on to do amazing things, and I am continously amazed by her. Sunday, my pastor made a bold confession that he was found guilty on several different occasions speaking for the enemy. I wonder how many times we tell people things because we believe that they are true when in fact, we are speaking for the enemy. We are a walking contradiction. I pray now that pride and arrogance and confusion and deception will be taken away from my lips so that God can be glorfied and no little girl in a bookstore will ever say that words I spoke were contradictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment