Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Morning Coffee Break

There is something so beautiful about waking up early, making coffee, preparing lunches, breakfast, and dinner, and getting to spend some time in God's word. I see now why the Proverbs 31 woman arrised early. She had things to do, but more than that it was the desire of her heart to see her house in order before the rest of the world got up and moving around. I feel like my husband leaves the house in a much happier mood when things are in order and running smoothly by the time he gets up and awake. Getting up early and starting the day is a little way that I can love him. I decided today that his job will be to make the bed each morning. It is a horrible little task that I hate to do, but I love it being done. It kinda goes into that washing dishes list. They need to be done, but I do not want to be the one that does them. Today is Monday morning, and today I go back to being a teacher of English. It is a bittersweet end to a fantastic break, but the realization that this is my last semester in this school is a reality I do not want to let go of. Nothing can be left back. I am reminded of this, it is important to remember to bloom where you are planted. God said make disciples of all nations. That doesn't mean just overseas or just here in America. It means all! I am going to focus on that today. The people in my classroom need Jesus just as much as the children in other countries. What are some things that your husbands do around the house?

1 comment:

  1. Mows the lawn, cuts down trees and fixes cars outside. Inside he helps make the bed, makes coffee and does dishes . He has been known to cook, clean and do any and all tasks, even use the sewing machine on occasion. Renaissance man!

    ReplyDelete