Monday, January 23, 2012

Words

I woke up this morning, having a Monday. Ran out to my car, and of course the battery didn't want to start. So... here I am waiting on a ride, and I thought I would share some words with you.


Tears stinging my eyes.
Thoughts clouding my heart.
I know You are my God.
The God of the world.
The only true God.
The one and only.
You gave me life.
I was dead in the grave.
There was no life, a walking corpse.
A lifeless heart seeking self.
Seeking sex.
Because I didn't want You.
Seeking drugs.
Because I didn't want You.
Seeking drunkedness.
Because I didn't want You.
You came to me.
I pushed You away.
How could I have denied You.
It isn't like I didn't know You.
I saw the days and the stars.
How could anyone believe the lie
That You didn't create
What science can't explain.
You interuppted my funeral procession.
Gave me a new soul, new eyes, new mind.
I was alive: You came in.
On my couch, I cried Your name.
I was lame, You taught me to walk.
I learned to run, and now I dance in Your freedom.
They laugh and point fingers.
Tell me I'm strange.
I want to live a life that is real.
Too big to be normal.
But my name isn't important.
I have a spark in this life.
You are the candle, You give me light.
I am called.
Not someday, but NOW.
To be Your reflection, To feed Your sheep.
Because You loved me
And I need You.
Yeah, You told me, they would prosecute me.
But it isn't about me.
It hurts sometimes.
I watched my baby die.
But You use me, and I am thankful.
I am a slave to righteousness. A slave to right.
There are definitely times.
I don't wanna cross that desert.
I don't wanna fight that fight.
But You called me out of the darkness
To be Your light.
But my light, nobody can see, when it is surrounded by light.
So I go back into the darkness.
Your name FEARLESSLY on my lips.
I'm sitting in the garden
My nails digging in the mud.
Whispers of the enemy screaming in my head.
I am saved by Your love.
Your love is holding me.
Nothing to fear.
There is no safe death.
So I will be still and wait.
And know you are God.
But I'm on a mission,
And Your name will be known.
You are the God of this earth.
We are Your people.
And Your people are crying.
This is Your creation.
And we are taking it back.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words of inspiration this Monday morning Paula! I hope your week is a happy one.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete