Tuesday, November 29, 2011

In Passionate Pursuit

I would hate to be my husband at this moment. Christmas is coming soon, and in an effort to establish early in our family that Christmas is primarily about the birth of our precious Savior and the season should be more about giving than getting, we established a four present rule. This means that we give eachother only four presents each year, and when we have children, they too will receive only four presents.

This plan seemed perfect a year ago when we were discussing what Christmas was going to look like in our family, but in practice it can be a little harder. My husband loves me, but more than that he takes in pride in all the things that I love. We were driving home the other night, and he started bouncing around ideas about what to get me for Christmas, and I was stunned at all the things that God has used to give me an idenity. The person Christ made when He entered into my life is so much more diverse and interesting than I could have ever imagined, and oddly enough, I spend most of my time feeling like He messed up somewhere. Such a foolish child I am.

In reality, I am as diverse as the colors in nature itself, and I wish... oh how I wish that I could remember more often to speak truth about who I am instead of listening to the enemy's lies. As a matter of fact, even today, I was pondering whether or not I should start a few different blogs because it is hard to contain everything the Creator has given me to say in just one post every couple of days. God is amazing!


So without further adue, I present... Because I needed a reminder.

When God entered my life....

My best friend became the guitar.
I learned how to see beauty more and wanted to capture that beauty in photography.
I learned how to use my natural ability of placing words together to bring glory to Him.
I became a mother to many.
I became a passionate pursurer of what is right and just.
I became in love with the fight against the sex industry and human trafficking.
I became a friend that wasn't afraid to take chances or even on occassion speak truth.
I became a traveler.
I became a lover of good coffee and better music.
I developed an admiration for simple and peaceful things.
I developed a love for vegetables and fruits.
I created a salad in a box: Where I grew the lettuce, tomatoe, and everything else needed.
I created a home for not just my husband but several people before him.
I became aware of my disease and how to battle the disease.
I became a camp counselor with a passion for movement.
I learned to dance... and the freedom found in dance.
I became a sister.
I learned to lay on the floor and laugh because there is nothing else to do.
I learned how to run.
I became a runner.
I gained wisdom on how to balance money, food, and life.

God has created a woman that I would have never dreamed of being. When I was in high school I created two lists. The first list had two columns. The first column was everything that I thought I was, and the second column was everything that I wanted to be. It was evident how much I hated myself. The second list I created was a detailed list of everything I wanted to accomplish and by what age I wanted to accomplish the goal. Both list make me cry and laugh now. After I had been a Christian for a few months, I created a new list... Everything that God said I was. Occassionally, I have to go back and ask God again for Him to reveal to me who I am in Him.

The time is coming to take more steps in faith, and I always want to stay....

In Passionate Pursuit.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post today Paula! I love to read your words. Please always continue to share your thoughts because God is using you to speak to others. Hope you have a great day.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete